ASPI AG, along with all the affiliate members of our company group, take data protection very seriously.
To find out more about our commitment to data protection, please read the following information carefully.
- This policy also applies to personal information which our partners share within the company group.
- However, these regulations do not apply to companies which are not owned or controlled by the company group. The same applies to individuals who are not employed or supervised by the group.
- By registering as a user (“user”) you consent to ASPI AG using your data in line with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. Details of which are outlined below.
Collecting and Using Information
- We do not collect any PII on unregistered users who merely visit our website and do not register as users. However, we do collect and/or record and/or follow up on personal information if
- a user registers on our website;
- a user visits our website; and
- a user provides us with information by email.
- We may combine information about a user with other information (including PII) obtained from our business partners or from other sources. We reserve the right to use this combined information for marketing and communication purposes.
- During the registration process you will be asked if you wish to receive direct marketing by email (see below).
- After registering as a user, your details will be saved in our ASPI AG property database (“database”) which is linked to our website; from this moment on your details will be available to us. We will collect and record this PII and use it to monitor, by electronic means, the way you use our website.
- Notably, when you log in to our server we receive and save information from your computer’s browser (“your browser”), which includes your IP-address, ASPI AG cookie information, and details of the information you have requested or looked at on our website. If you request information from our database about specific properties, we record that fact so as to provide you with access to the facilities of the database as requested. If you print out particulars of properties we have for sale, we will record this, so as to gain a better idea of what ownership information will or could be of interest to you. We keep a record in our database of all users who have shown an interest in a particular property using the number of that property as a reference. We may contact you by email, telephone or fax to inform you of any changes to property particulars which you have already downloaded. If appropriate, we may also inform you about similar properties as they are added to the database.
- Furthermore, we keep a record of how often you use our website, so that we can automatically archive your details if you do not visit our website within a six-month period. If this happens, you will need to re-register or reactivate your user status in order to be able to use the website. You can do this by
- calling us on 0041 435507318; or
- sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- via the feedback option on our website.
- We will also use your PII for the following general purposes:
- to customise the presentation of properties and other website content,
- to fulfil any product and service requests,
- to contact you periodically with email marketing campaigns about a series of topics which we think may be of interest to you, and
- to compile general statistics (without personal identification) about the number of website users, the number of property records viewed, total website activity, and other general statistical information.
- A cookie consists of a small amount of data and often contains an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent from our website’s servers to your computer’s browser and are saved on the hard drive of your computer.
- For your peace of mind, we would like to point out that: - a cookie only returns data which has already been saved. This means that our website cannot obtain any information about or from your computer which it does not already have access to. – Our website cannot access your email address, name, address or other aspects of your PII if you have not already provided these to us. – Similarly, our website cannot obtain any information that is intended for a cookie from another website. Your browser will only send cookies to the website that you are currently viewing.
- We use permanent cookies and session cookies. Cookies allow our server to save and to receive information from your browser which makes it easier for our website to communicate with you.
- Whenever you visit a page on our website, your browser sends all of the cookies it has accepted from our website back to your computer. Permanent cookies remember your language preferences. We use a cookie for the current session which includes a unique number, which changes every time a new cookie is sent. This is so that the website can always locate which part of the website the user is currently visiting. It also enables the website to remember the contents of previously visited pages (for example, a list of matching properties meeting the designated search criteria).
- The first time you log in to our website as a registered user, your browser will receive an extra permanent cookie with a unique coding. This is used to enter your email address and every time you log in to your account to associate your session cookie with your user file for the duration of that session. This session cookie also enables our system to remember you and your activities on our website.
- Your browser will only accept our cookies and send them back to us if your browser settings are adjusted accordingly. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, to reject all cookies, or to inform you as soon as a cookie is installed (as all browsers are different, please see your browser’s “Help” menu for details of how to change these settings). If your browser is set up to reject all or some cookies, you will unfortunately not have full access to all of the features the ASPI website has to offer. This will particularly restrict the property search feature, as we will not be able to save the number of matching properties.
- We will not install any third party cookies on your computer.
- The desktop version of our website uses the following cookies:
- Language cookies: These are essential, permanent cookies with no expiry date. They allow us to present the website in your preferred language.
- Email address cookies: These are non-essential, permanent cookies which expire after a year. They mean that as a registered user, your email address will be automatically filled in on the log in screen. Please see the terms and conditions of this website for more information.
- User identification cookies: These essential cookies only remain active for the duration of the respective session, in other words the user’s identity is known whilst they are using the website. These cookies are needed to be able to provide consistent property search results.
- Mobile Cookies: These non-essential session cookies are used if users of our mobile website wish to switch to the desktop version. They enable the user to display the chosen version of the website.
This website uses Google Analytics, a Google Inc. ("Google”) web analysis service. Google Analytics uses so-called "Cookies”, text files, which are saved to your computer and enable analysis of your website usage patterns. The information generated by these cookies about your use of the website (including your IP-address) are transmitted to a Google server in the USA and saved. Google then uses this information, on the website owner’s behalf, to analyse your usage of the website, to create reports about website activity and to provide the website owners with other website and internet usage related services. Google may pass this information on to other parties if legally obliged to do so or if Google has contracted third parties to process this information on its behalf. Your IP-address (transmitted by your browser to Google Analytics) will not be associated with any other data held by Google. By using this website you consent to the data collected about you being processed by Google in the aforementioned manner and for the aforementioned purposes.
Email Direct Marketing
- Where at the time of registration you have specifically consented to the objectives of Regulation 22 of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations, 2003 (and so long as you have not withdrawn that consent), we may contact you periodically via direct email marketing campaigns on a range of subjects that we believe may be of interest to you concerning both the group and its services and products, as well as those of our business partners. We reserve the right to use PII for such purposes.
- You have the right to unsubscribe from these emails at any time (at no extra cost to yourself) by sending an email to email@example.com in which you clearly state that you no longer wish your data to be used for email marketing purposes. We will adhere to your request as soon as possible and within seven days at the latest.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- We will not sell or rent your personally identifying information to third parties.
- We will, however, share your PII with companies and individuals where we have your consent to do so, or if we have to provide them with this information so as to provide a service which you have requested, or where we have to share your information with branches that either work for ASPI AG or as a group business partner so as to be able to provide you with a product or service. (Unless we inform you otherwise, companies not belonging to the ASPI AG group are not allowed to use your PII above and beyond the terms of our cooperation.)
- Group members have registered their categories of Disclosure Subjects with the Information Commissioner in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- ASPI AG and all its affiliated companies comply with court orders, subpoenas and legitimate requests from lawful authorities who command our compliance by statute or legal process.
- We will also disclose your PII in the event that your actions on our website violates our terms & conditions, or any of our guidelines for the use of specific services.
Your Right to Edit and Delete Personally Identifying Information
- ASPI AG gives registered users the option of editing their contact details or deleting their registration at any time by
- calling us on 0041 435507318; or
- emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- using the feedback option on our website.
- No charges will apply for editing or deleting your personally identifying information.
The PII we collect and save in our database and the servers operating our website is protected by specific ID numbers allocated to you for security and to protect your privacy.
- Es kann gelegentlich vorkommen, dass wir diese Bestimmungen ändern. Sofern wir bezüglich der Art und Weise der Nutzung Ihrer PII substantielle Änderungen vornehmen, werden wir Sie benachrichtigen, indem wir auf unserer Internetseite eine deutlich sichtbare Ankündigung platzieren.
- If you have any further questions or suggestions please use the feedback function on our website or send an email to email@example.com.
Copyright ASPI AG 2015. All rights reserved.